Find your perfect volunteer fit
Volunteer involvement with BGCO is essential to ensure the effective delivery of our programs. Our volunteer opportunities are designed to create an experience that is rewarding to the volunteer, to the organization and most importantly children and youth in Ottawa.
There are several ways that you can get involved as a BGCO Volunteer:
- Clubhouse Volunteers are involved in our clubhouses providing program support and working directly with our members.
- These volunteer opportunities require a minimum commitment of one volunteer shift per week (about 2 hours).
- BGCO offers a variety of quality programs meant to be engaging, accessible for all, and contribute towards the overall development of community leaders.
- To learn more about our Four Pillars of Programming and the programs our volunteers help support, visit Child & Youth Programs.
Student Volunteering & Placements
Post-Secondary Students (University/College)
- BGCO hosts college and university students from a variety of programs completing placements as part of their curriculum.
- Placement opportunities mainly focus on direct program support, and are dictated by both the requirements of the placement and the needs of our organization.
- There are various opportunities for post-secondary students completing placements or getting involved as a volunteer.
- High School Students requiring 40 hours of volunteer service may have some opportunities too. Please visit the Clubhouse closest to you and speak with a Senior Youth Worker about available volunteer opportunities for high-school students.
Special Event Volunteering
- BGCO hosts a variety of special events throughout the year to raise funds for our programs as well as community awareness about our organization and the programs and services we provide.
- These volunteer opportunities are on an on-call basis and require a commitment of as little as a few days a year, assisting with various roles/duties.
Click here for more information.
- BGCO hosts corporate and social groups throughout the year at our various locations for Volunteer Days, where groups will work together to complete a common project that benefits BGCO.
- Projects may include: snack preparation; gardening and landscaping; program planning and preparation etc. Volunteer Days are designed to benefit both BGCO and our Volunteer Groups.
- If you are a group that might be interested or have any questions, contact Bryn Johnson (Coordinator of Volunteer Services).