Find your perfect volunteer fit
Volunteer involvement with BGC Ottawa is essential to ensure the effective delivery of our programs. Our volunteer opportunities are designed to create an experience that is rewarding to the volunteer, to the organization and most importantly children and youth in Ottawa.
For more information:
Contact Melissa Marion
Coordinator of Volunteer Services
(613) 232-0925 Ext. 230
Highest priority volunteer needs
HEROS Hockey Program
- The program runs Tuesdays 2:30-6:30pm.
- Volunteers must be able to skate and have hockey experience as they will be helping teach Members how to skate and learn how to play hockey.
Homework Club Tutor
- Don McGahan Clubhouse, Monday to Thursday 4-5 pm
- Volunteers will be helping Members with their reading skills.
Mentor (Raise the Grade program)
- Tomlinson Family Foundation Clubhouse (virtual), Thursdays 6-8 pm
Don McGahan Clubhouse (in-person), Wednesdays 6:30-8 pm
For adult volunteers (19+)
- Tomlinson Family Foundation Clubhouse (in-person), Monday to Friday 1-3pm
- Don McGahan Clubhouse (in-person), Monday to Friday 1-3 pm
- For adult volunteers (19+).
Ways that you can get involved as a BGC Ottawa Volunteer
- Clubhouse Volunteers are involved in our clubhouses providing program support and working directly with our members.
- These volunteer opportunities require a minimum commitment of one volunteer shift per week (about 2 hours).
- BGC Ottawa offers a variety of quality programs meant to be engaging, accessible for all, and contribute towards the overall development of community leaders.
Student Volunteering & Placements
Post-Secondary Students (University/College)
- BGC Ottawa hosts college and university students from a variety of programs completing placements as part of their curriculum.
- Placement opportunities mainly focus on direct program support, and are dictated by both the requirements of the placement and the needs of our organization.
- There are various opportunities for post-secondary students completing placements or getting involved as volunteers.
- High School Students requiring 40 hours of volunteer service may have some opportunities too. Please visit the Clubhouse closest to you and speak with a Senior Youth Worker about available volunteer opportunities for high-school students.
Special Event Volunteering
- BGC Ottawa hosts a variety of special events throughout the year to raise funds for our programs as well as community awareness about our organization and the programs and services we provide.
- These volunteer opportunities are on an on-call basis and require a commitment of as little as a few days a year, assisting with various roles/duties.
- BGC Ottawa hosts corporate and social groups throughout the year at our various locations for Volunteer Days, where groups will work together to complete a common project that benefits BGC Ottawa.
- Projects may include: snack preparation, gardening and landscaping, program planning and preparation, etc.
- Volunteer Days are designed to benefit both BGC Ottawa and our Volunteer Groups.
If you are a group that might be interested or have any questions, contact
Melissa Marion, Coordinator of Volunteer Services, (613) 232-0925 Ext. 230 email@example.com